11 KV & 33 KV Aerial Bunched cables are used for power distribution in cities where ground space is constrained.
- Size ranges from 35 Sq mm to 400 Sq mm.
- Three phase cables constitute of three single core screened cables.
- These phase cable twist around an Aluminum Alloy messenger conductor which carries the full load of the cable when mounted on poles.
- The size of the messenger conductor is designed based on the weight of the cable over a span of poles.
- Stranded Aluminum conductor
- Screened by an extruded semi conducting layer - XLPE Insulated.
- Screened again by an extruded semi conducting layer and a copper tape.
- Phase Identification
- Coloured polyester strip Red, Yellow and Blue, under copper tape
- Ridges 1, 2 and 3
- Outer Sheath
- Overall sheathed with PVC/ Polyethylene.