Comparing Control Cable Materials: How To Choose The Right Materials
The importance of control cables is increasing by leaps and bounds. These cables are playing a very crucial role in every industry and application. Be it the automation sector, manufacturing industry, telecommunication, and automatic systems, every industrial application uses control cables.
However, selecting the right control cable for your specific needs can be a challenge due to multiple factors to consider. One of the important factors is selecting the right materials. Best control cable manufacturers in India use different materials. Let’s discuss the right one to understand which is the right fit for you.
Control Cable Materials:
The most common Control cables are:
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride)
- XLPE (Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
- PUR (Polyurethane)
PVC Control Cables
Control cables made with PVC can be suitable for several outdoor and industrial settings applications due to their good resistance to sunlight, oil, and abrasion. However, they are not good for high-temperature areas.
XLPE Control Cables
XLPE control cables have excellent electrical properties such as high insulation resistance. They have the capability to tolerate higher temperatures than PVC cables and are suitable for critical applications.
PUR Control Cables
PUR control cables are known for their qualities of high flexibility and excellent resistance to chemicals, oil, and abrasion. They are the best option for applications that require frequent flexing and movement, like machinery or robotics with moving parts. These particular cables are also the right choice for critical environments.
How to Choose the Best Control Cable Materials
Several factors determine what materials you should go for. Some of them include your applications, environmental conditions, flexibility, electric property, costs, performance, regulatory compliance, and so on.
- Flexibility: In case of frequent movement in your application, choose PUR control cable materials. They offer flexibility with quality performance.
- Environmental Conditions: Check the environmental conditions your cables will be exposed to. Consider the cable exposure to chemicals, temperature extremes, UV radiation, and moisture.
- Electrical Properties: Assess the electrical properties such as dielectric strength and insulation resistance for applications.
- Performance: Evaluate the performance of the control cables you want to buy. Make sure the dealer or distributor gives guaranteed for the optimum performance. Best control cable manufacturers in India offer these facilities.
- Costs: Cost-effectiveness is another factor to consider. But, make a balance between cost-effectiveness and performance. Remember that if you invest in a higher-quality cable, it will result in long-term savings.
- Regulatory Compliance: This is another point to take into account. Make sure that your cable material is in compliance with relevant industry standards.
Prime Cable Industries Pvt. Ltd is one of the best control cable manufacturers in India. The company is a one-stop solution for different types of control cables. We manufacture and supply Screened Type and Unscreened Type control cables. Plus, we also offer LT Aerial Bunch Cables, LT Power Cables, Domestic Cables, Building Wires, Solar Cables, Multicore Cables, and House Wire/ Panel Wires.
As a leading name in the industry, we take care of material selection, performance and reliability, and characteristics of different materials like PVC, XLPE, and PUR as well as guarantee superior electrical properties. Call us to place an order or get a free quote.